Dna damage... Help please

Male issues surrounding Assisted Reproduction.

Moderator: Administrator

Linzid35

Dna damage... Help please

#1 Post by Linzid35 » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:33 pm

Hi has anyone else's husbands had sperm comet test? Resulting in Dna damage and care have put us on 3 months proxeed plus. Will this help? Any success rates?

Fingerscrossedx

#2 Post by Fingerscrossedx » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:01 pm

We had a cycle failed cycle in sept, went for our review appointment and they have said it could be Dan damage, as there was low fertilisation. My OH has high count and good movement, so they believe Dan damage could be the cause. He has had a sample sent off to USA to test for Dan damage, but takes a few weeks to come back. He has been told to take proxeed for 3mths and eat high antioxidant diet.
Have you had an update since?
5 years trying to conceive
Infertility cause unknown
Laparoscopy/dye/Hysteroscopy 2014
1st round of IVF with ICSI Sept 2015 NHS funded - BFN 😩
2nd round of IVF with ICSI April 2016

Mark1

#3 Post by Mark1 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi All,
I have been on Proceed Plus for three months prior to fertilisation - our first cycle we had one embryo to transfer, early morula. BFN - two possible cause were that the egg quality poor or sperm damage. Consultant at Care Nott recommended Proxeed.

Just had second cycle, huge difference this time - had six mature eggs collected, all six fertilised, one abnormal fertilisation. The five others developed.... On Day five we had a three expanded blastocysts and one early blast... So I'm hoping the Proxeed had a helping hand in it... It's easy to take - now in 2ww
Mark

Fingerscrossedx

#4 Post by Fingerscrossedx » Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:02 pm

Good to hear some good results from it! Hope it all worked out for that cycle for you guys.

Fingerscrossedx

#5 Post by Fingerscrossedx » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:18 pm

Quick update from me.. So our 1st cycle we had 5 eggs, all mature eggs, but only 1 fertilised. We had egg transfer on day 2 with a 4 cell, but that cycle failed.

On review my other half had dna damage test with care that was sent to the USA, but he got good results, but doc still advised to take proxeed supplements. So he had 3 month worth. We have just had the results of this cycle and we had 13 eggs, all mature, 10 fertilised!! Not sure if it's the proxeed that's made the difference or not, but it was worth it for us! Fx we get our bfp :)

sjsivfcare

Re: Dna damage... Help please

#6 Post by sjsivfcare » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 am

To Fix DNA Damage you have to eat protein because it bind DNA to control gene expression block one of our cell repair systems responsible for fixing damaged DNA