May 2021 TWW

Tense, Nervous, Want to strangle your DH??? You are not alone...

Moderator: Administrator

Pollymay01

Re: May 2021 TWW

#76 Post by Pollymay01 » Fri May 14, 2021 9:18 pm

Hi all!

Sorry for my absence over the past few days! Welcome to all the newbies, I have everything crossed for you! My scan date is 31st May and it can't come soon enough. We had a missed miscarriage back in January, so I'm already getting anxious incase the same thing happens. So I'm really excited and nervous about our 7 week scan which will hopefully give me a bit of reassurance.

Oh Kezzle, I am so sorry to hear your news wasn't what you had hoped. Make sure you take some time for you! Wishing you every bit of happiness and hope for future cycles 💗

Xxxxx

Mcv13

#77 Post by Mcv13 » Sat May 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Hi everyone,

How we all getting on? Day 4 for me & feels like 4 weeks! It’s so hard when it’s all you think about xx

Catlady

#78 Post by Catlady » Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am

I'm having egg transfer this afternoon, just about to start the tww for the first time, eeek x

Lastchancesaloon

#79 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Mon May 17, 2021 1:22 pm

Mcv13 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:40 pm
Hi everyone,

How we all getting on? Day 4 for me & feels like 4 weeks! It’s so hard when it’s all you think about xx
Hi Mcv13, I know what you mean I am with you there, i was googling and analysing everything, n had terrible cramps for 3 days have you any new symptoms? How are you feeling? Was yours a frozen or fresh cycle? X
Catlady, good luck for this afternoon I have my fingers crossed for you, is yours a frozen or fresh cycle? Looking forward to hearing what you had transferred 🥰
I had a frozen cycle using donor eggs and a single hatching blastocyst transferred x
2009 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
2010 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFN
Changed clinics: level 1 + 2 tests
2011 Immune cycle 2 fresh 5 day blasts BFP —- its twins
2021 May - frozen donor eggs 2 frozen and 1 5 day hatching blast— BFP

Mcv13

#80 Post by Mcv13 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:55 pm

Catlady wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 am
I'm having egg transfer this afternoon, just about to start the tww for the first time, eeek x
Welcome to the TWW... Hope your transfer went well. How many did you transfer & was it 3 or 5 day transfer??
I’m on day 6 so nearly half way there xx

Mcv13

#81 Post by Mcv13 » Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 1:22 pm
Mcv13 wrote:
Sat May 15, 2021 3:40 pm
Hi everyone,

Hi Mcv13, I know what you mean I am with you there, i was googling and analysing everything, n had terrible cramps for 3 days have you any new symptoms? How are you feeling? Was yours a frozen or fresh cycle? X
Catlady, good luck for this afternoon I have my fingers crossed for you, is yours a frozen or fresh cycle? Looking forward to hearing what you had transferred 🥰
I had a frozen cycle using donor eggs and a single hatching blastocyst transferred x
Day 6 so nearly half way there 🙌🏻.. are you waiting until OTD?
Mine was a fresh cycle 1 full blast & 1 early blast transferred, unfortunately nothing to freeze 😢.
Sorry to here you’ve had bad cramps... I’ve had no symptoms at all just a bit of lower back ache but that’s more than likely the progesterone. Great that you got a hatching blast ☺️ Xx

Lastchancesaloon

#82 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Mon May 17, 2021 5:30 pm

I have done lots of reading about testing early and have to admit I have caved in and will have to do an early test:-( I figured with it been a frozen cycle there would be no hormones to confuse a test ... I am so rubbish at waiting for things, how about you are you going to wait till a week on Tuesday? Great that you had two blasts transferred it gives you a really good chance, I wanted to transfer 2 but my oh was not keen so we went with one and froze our remaining two X

Mcv13

#83 Post by Mcv13 » Mon May 17, 2021 6:16 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 5:30 pm
I have done lots of reading about testing early and have to admit I have caved in and will have to do an early test:-( I figured with it been a frozen cycle there would be no hormones to confuse a test ... I am so rubbish at waiting for things, how about you are you going to wait till a week on Tuesday? Great that you had two blasts transferred it gives you a really good chance, I wanted to transfer 2 but my oh was not keen so we went with one and froze our remaining two X
We didn’t want two really but went with the advice of the experts & I’ve always had 2 transferred 🤞🏻Great that you have two frozen blasts 😊
Yes I’ve always caved early but this time I’m going to hold out till OTD. This is my 3rd round & I’ve had two very different experiences testing early. First round I tested 9DP3DT & it was positive so tested every day. I now have a beautiful daughter 😊
Second round I tested 10P3DT & got a positive so obviously became obsessive testing morning noon & night.. unfortunately they got lighter not darker & day before OTD my period arrived & had a negative on test day. It was so hard getting the positive for it to disappear that I’d rather wait until OTD & no the result I get is the real one xx

Lastchancesaloon

#84 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm

Yes I know what you mean, it is so much worry isn’t it, every crampy feeling I get I worry and start over thinking mc or ectopic so I think it is difficult to forget about it all, my period would be due in 5 days so maybe I can wait that long and see what happens and then if it doesn’t show then I can make it two more days. I am going to have to ring the clinic as I only have enough pessaries and Inhixia to last me until Sunday so I will run out before result day. Even if we get positives then we will have another anxious wait for the first scan and then for the 12 week safety barrier 😂 x

Catlady

#85 Post by Catlady » Tue May 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Hi lastchancesaloon and mcv3,

Had egg transfer yesterday and it was at day 5, the said it was a good one so I'm looking on the positive side, and have already started referring to things with "me and the egg", my partner is trying to stay calm about it all but we only had one other frozen and to be honest I don't think we could afford another go so I said if this is as far as we get I want to have enjoyed having our little egg and knowing that we had something.
I'm also looking into having my covid jab, I've done some research but has anyone got any advice on having it within the first few weeks (obviously I don't know the outcome of the egg yet) but any thoughts if it's successful on having the jab so early on?

Thanks for any help you can give x
Best wishes to all x

Lastchancesaloon

#86 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm

Catlady wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:17 pm

Had egg transfer yesterday and it was at day 5, the said it was a good one so I'm looking on the positive side, and have already started referring to things with "me and the egg", my partner is trying to stay calm about it all but we only had one other frozen and to be honest I don't think we could afford another go so I said if this is as far as we get I want to have enjoyed having our little egg and knowing that we had something.
I'm also looking into having my covid jab, I've done some research but has anyone got any advice on having it within the first few weeks (obviously I don't know the outcome of the egg yet) but any thoughts if it's successful on having the jab so early on?

Best wishes to all x
Hi and congratulations on joining us in the nervous wait, I am now enjoying the 2ww albeit the horrible pessaries, terribly bruised stomach, insomnia and insatiable appetite 😂 anyway it sounds good if you have made it to blast stage so just get your feet up and be spoilt for a couple of days!! I had my Covid jab the first one two weeks before I was due to start medication and they consulted a doctor where who advised at that time it would be fine, however due to the lack of research in the first trimester and how it could affect eggs he advised not having my second if I get pregnant until the second trimester at least and I have done loads of reading and decided that I will wait till I have had the baby if I am successful since we are not supposed to take anything but paracetamol in pregnancy therefore the risk I feel is too high but o know others who have decided otherwise, it really is a personal feeling but without the evidence and research I would be blaming myself and the injection if anything went wrong after it, don’t think that was much help but it is such a grey area xx

Catlady

#87 Post by Catlady » Tue May 18, 2021 2:52 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:36 pm
Catlady wrote:

Best wishes to all x
Hi and congratulations on joining us in the nervous wait, I am now enjoying the 2ww albeit the horrible pessaries, terribly bruised stomach, insomnia and insatiable appetite 😂 anyway it sounds good if you have made it to blast stage so just get your feet up and be spoilt for a couple of days!! I had my Covid jab the first one two weeks before I was due to start medication and they consulted a doctor where who advised at that time it would be fine, however due to the lack of research in the first trimester and how it could affect eggs he advised not having my second if I get pregnant until the second trimester at least and I have done loads of reading and decided that I will wait till I have had the baby if I am successful since we are not supposed to take anything but paracetamol in pregnancy therefore the risk I feel is too high but o know others who have decided otherwise, it really is a personal feeling but without the evidence and research I would be blaming myself and the injection if anything went wrong after it, don’t think that was much help but it is such a grey area xx
That's why I'm so hungry all the time, I have been to the fridge every 20 minutes looking for "something" to eat.lol.
Good to know it's not just me.

I'm really torn with what to do, obviously there's so many studies and papers online to read, all with various thoughts on it. I think I'm going to hang on until the tww is done and obviously see then what the situation is x

Thanks x

Catlady

#88 Post by Catlady » Tue May 18, 2021 2:54 pm

Ps.
Pessaries, oh my gosh, just when you thought injections were rubbish, I now have to wear pantiliners everyday.

LoStar

#89 Post by LoStar » Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm

Hi everyone,

Been catching up on everyone's posts. I had some terrible news at the weekend at my grandmother who I was extremely close to passed away suddenly whilst I was at her bedside. The next day my grandfather was admitted to hospital. So my 2ww has been completely messed up.

Anyway it was my OTD today, and I was convinced it hadn't worked. Then I saw a faint line appear. I'm still not sure what to think and my head really isn't in it at the moment. I called care and they seemed to think it was positive but told me to take a clear blue test to put my mind at rest and ring again tomorrow.

I've heard that you can get false positives but the nurse told me you can't. My body certainly feels pregnant, but I suppose that's what the drugs are meant to do. I suppose I just didn't expect to be planning a funeral whilst having my grandfather in hospital whilst in a crucial stage of our IVF journey.

Hope everyone is doing ok xx

Lastchancesaloon

#90 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue May 18, 2021 10:30 pm

LoStar wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Hi everyone,

Been catching up on everyone's posts. I had some terrible news at the weekend at my grandmother who I was extremely close to passed away suddenly whilst I was at her bedside. The next day my grandfather was admitted to hospital. So my 2ww has been completely messed up.

Anyway it was my OTD today, and I was convinced it hadn't worked. Then I saw a faint line appear. I'm still not sure what to think and my head really isn't in it at the moment. I called care and they seemed to think it was positive but told me to take a clear blue test to put my mind at rest and ring again tomorrow.

I've heard that you can get false positives but the nurse told me you can't. My body certainly feels pregnant, but I suppose that's what the drugs are meant to do. I suppose I just didn't expect to be planning a funeral whilst having my grandfather in hospital whilst in a crucial stage of our IVF journey.

Aww bless you what an awful time and you ah e probably been that preoccupied with family stress that you have missed the early signs of pregnancy so what wonderful news :-) congratulations, if it was your otd today then I very much doubt your hcg shot could still be impacting the test so I will keep my fingers crossed for you, let us know tomorrow morning but try and sleep tonight, you need to look after yourself, Ivf is such a stressful time in itself without everything else you have to contend with, take care and 🤞🤞 for tomorrow morning x

Lastchancesaloon

#91 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 pm

Catlady wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:54 pm
Ps.
Pessaries, oh my gosh, just when you thought injections were rubbish, I now have to wear pantiliners everyday.
Ha ha yes I had tea and have just have a plate full of crackers, cheese spread, olives and chilli sauce mmm and a crunchie and I am still hungry, it’s all I can think about 😂😂 and the peas Aries and panty liners!!! They are just disgusting aren’t they!! And if we are lucky and get positive we have to continue to use them... the joys ... it’s all over for the men all they have to do is sympathise with us occasionally 😩😩 never mind, we are all one day closer to test day ... 6 days tomorrow not that I am counting ( but I am 😀) x

Catlady

#92 Post by Catlady » Wed May 19, 2021 10:14 am

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:33 pm
Catlady wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:54 pm
Ps.
Ha ha yes I had tea and have just have a plate full of crackers, cheese spread, olives and chilli sauce mmm and a crunchie and I am still hungry, it’s all I can think about 😂😂 and the peas Aries and panty liners!!! They are just disgusting aren’t they!! And if we are lucky and get positive we have to continue to use them... the joys ... it’s all over for the men all they have to do is sympathise with us occasionally 😩😩 never mind, we are all one day closer to test day ... 6 days tomorrow not that I am counting ( but I am 😀) x
Day 6, you're almost halfway there x
I can't say chilli sauce is a favourite of mine but I can certainly see my way through a dish of green olives, but usually with a bottle of wine.
I'm back at work Saturday so I'm hoping that will get me feeling a bit more back to normal, I've just got zero energy at the moment, is that normal x
Anyway, have a great day and what is now day 7 for you x

Daisy19

#93 Post by Daisy19 » Wed May 19, 2021 10:47 am

Hi everyone,
I am also day 7 today!

I am finding this wait worse than the egg collection, stims, well everything!

I also have awful period pains today, started last night and haven’t stopped. I am trying to stay positive but it’s hard :(

Hope everyone is feeling okay xxx

GrayE01

#94 Post by GrayE01 » Wed May 19, 2021 1:32 pm

Hey Ladies!!

I tested early today (6 days past transfer) and got a light positive!

What are the chances this carries on to OTD?

So nervous it won't last!

Wishing everyone luck
TTC 3 years - unexplained infertility
1st fresh round of IVF - Feb 2021 - freeze all round
FET - May 2021 - Test day 26th May 2021

Mcv13

#95 Post by Mcv13 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:54 pm

Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
Yes I know what you mean, it is so much worry isn’t it, every crampy feeling I get I worry and start over thinking mc or ectopic so I think it is difficult to forget about it all, my period would be due in 5 days so maybe I can wait that long and see what happens and then if it doesn’t show then I can make it two more days. I am going to have to ring the clinic as I only have enough pessaries and Inhixia to last me until Sunday so I will run out before result day. Even if we get positives then we will have another anxious wait for the first scan and then for the 12 week safety barrier 😂 x
Hope your getting on ok & managed to get more pessaries.. what’s Inhixia? Xx

Mcv13

#96 Post by Mcv13 » Wed May 19, 2021 3:58 pm

Catlady wrote:

Best wishes to all x
Congratulations on transfer & welcome to the TWW 😊 Great news that you’ve a good day 5 on board & one in the freezer 👍🏻
I think the jab is personal choice. I’m not having mine..I’m not happy to risk anything that’s not got the long term research.. this journey is tough enough without the worry of will the jab effect the outcome. I was told that if I was to have it if should be 2 week before treatment starts x

Mcv13

#97 Post by Mcv13 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:01 pm

LoStar wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:08 pm
Hi everyone,

Oh I’m so sorry for your loss & that your grandfather is in hospital too what a difficult situation for you on top of the 2WW 😢
A line is a line though so massive congratulations 🎉 have you re tested again? Maybe a late implementation to why it’s faint? X

Mcv13

#98 Post by Mcv13 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:03 pm

Daisy19 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 10:47 am
Hi everyone,
I am also day 7 today!

I am finding this wait worse than the egg collection, stims, well everything!

I also have awful period pains today, started last night and haven’t stopped. I am trying to stay positive but it’s hard :(

Hope everyone is feeling okay xxx
I’m with you on that one... this is by far the hardest part of all... but then it gets even harder if you get a BFP waiting for the scan 🙈 it’s never ending with IVF x

Mcv13

#99 Post by Mcv13 » Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 pm

GrayE01 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:32 pm
Hey Ladies!!

I tested early today (6 days past transfer) and got a light positive!

What are the chances this carries on to OTD?

So nervous it won't last!

Wishing everyone luck
Oh that’s fantastic... just be prepared to go crazy testing morning noon & night waiting for the line to get darker!
Hopefully it will still be there on OTD... but I’ve experienced both sides.
IVF one... tested early line got darker & I have a beautiful daughter 💕
IVF 2... tested early got a positive... unfortunately it got lighter & no line by OTD.
This is the reason I’m waiting until OTD this time I’d rather have a true result... it was so hard to get a positive for it to disappear rather than just get a BFN straight away.
Best thing to do is remain positive & I’m sure you’ll be ok xx

Lastchancesaloon

#100 Post by Lastchancesaloon » Wed May 19, 2021 6:37 pm

Mcv13 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:54 pm
Lastchancesaloon wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm
Hope your getting on ok & managed to get more pessaries.. what’s Inhixia? Xx
Hi yeah managed to order more meds and they are getting delivered on Friday so that’s a relief. Inhixia is a blood thinner I take it along with aspirin and as I’m on an immune cycle so also had the intralipid infusion and on prednisolone, xx