Two or one embryo transfer? Is it allowed at Care?

Discussion group for people not currently undergoing treatment.

Moderator: Administrator

sam85

Two or one embryo transfer? Is it allowed at Care?

#1 Post by sam85 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:39 pm

Hi all

Im looking to strt with Care MCR and was wondering if Care does any double transfers and if there are any criteria. I have had 4 failed transfers so far at different clinic and my embryos were always average. Money is getting tight and not sure how long we can continue. Ofcourse that is if we make it to two embryos. Im 35

What did you decide or were recommended xx

Givingitatry

Re: Two or one embryo transfer? Is it allowed at Care?

#2 Post by Givingitatry » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:14 pm

sam85 wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:39 pm
Hi all

Im looking to strt with Care MCR and was wondering if Care does any double transfers and if there are any criteria. I have had 4 failed transfers so far at different clinic and my embryos were always average. Money is getting tight and not sure how long we can continue. Ofcourse that is if we make it to two embryos. Im 35

Hi Sam, I’m 35, a private patient and had a double on my first attempt. There weren’t any prerequisites, just an acknowledgement that is a riskier pregnancy and theoretically can mean 4 babies if both embryos happened to split into 2. So I can only assume that it shouldn’t be a problem if that’s what you wanted to do x
35 (DH 39), TTC 3 years, unexplained infertility
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties
L1/2 tests - abnormal clotting, NK and T cells
April 21 - immune FET cycle (ET 21/5)

ITG

#3 Post by ITG » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:40 pm

Hi Sam85. I think they will consider it since you have had 4 failures already. I transferred 2 on my last cycle which failed. I had also 2 transferred yesterday , although i wanted 1 but the clinic recommended I put 2 coz of my history of failures and age so I went for it.
Last edited by ITG on Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IVF 1 Jan/Feb 2018 miscarriage
FET Sep/Oct 2018 BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 BFN
None frozen
IVF 3 March/April 2021(Immune Cycle)

ITG

#4 Post by ITG » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:41 pm

Hi Givingitatry, the thought of having 4 had not crossed my mind, oh my God.
FET Sep/Oct 2018 BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 BFN
None frozen

Givingitatry

#5 Post by Givingitatry » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:25 pm

ITG wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:41 pm
Hi Givingitatry, the thought of having 4 had not crossed my mind, oh my God.
Haha, don’t worry about that! The odds are so incredibly low - think you’re more likely to win the lottery. 3 has a very very small chance, even 2 is a lower chance of course than 1 as well. I’m hopeful you get your BFP and the number you’d like whether 1 or 2 🙂 but I’ll keep all crossed that you don’t get a 3 or 4 😉 x
Oct/Nov 20 - ICSI fresh cycle (long protocol) - 2x day 5 blastocysts - BFN, 4 frosties

ITG

#6 Post by ITG » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:51 pm

Any number is better than none. I am ok with 2 but my hubby is not a fan. 3 or 4 will be a blessing but not easy
FET Sep/Oct 2018 BFN
1 Frost
IVF 2 Sep/Oct 2020 BFN
None frozen

Givingitatry

#7 Post by Givingitatry » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:33 pm

ITG wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:51 pm
Any number is better than none. I am ok with 2 but my hubby is not a fan. 3 or 4 will be a blessing but not easy
That’s a lovely way to think of it xx

sam85

#8 Post by sam85 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:40 am

Givingitatry wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:14 pm
sam85 wrote:
Hi all

Hi Sam, I’m 35, a private patient and had a double on my first attempt. There weren’t any prerequisites, just an acknowledgement that is a riskier pregnancy and theoretically can mean 4 babies if both embryos happened to split into 2. So I can only assume that it shouldn’t be a problem if that’s what you wanted to do x
Hi Givingitatry ! That sounds amazing. To be honest i have seen so many videos on twins and i know its not going to be easy but i just am near desperate for a bubba and two sounds like a dream for us. Perhaps my previous clinic didnt consider it as it was nhs funded. But then they didnt consider any extras. I cannot wait to start. From your signature i can see you started the immune protocol. Keep us updated as i hope that is my next protocol too! Are you having a long protocol thanks again xx

sam85

#9 Post by sam85 » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:43 am

ITG wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:40 pm
Hi Sam85. I think they will consider it since you have had 4 failures already. I transferred 2 on my last cycle which failed. I had also 2 transferred yesterday , although i wanted 1 but the clinic recommended I put 2 coz of my history of failures and age so I went for it.
Hi ITG. Wonderful news. I have everything crossed for your embryos to stick. Age has been on the back of my mind because i did hear that clinics consider transferring 2 usually after 37. But Glad to hear that Care doesnt necessary only looks at age. Feet up and enjoy being PUPO xx

Givingitatry

#10 Post by Givingitatry » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 am

sam85 wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:40 am
Givingitatry wrote:
sam85 wrote:
Hi all

Hi Givingitatry ! That sounds amazing. To be honest i have seen so many videos on twins and i know its not going to be easy but i just am near desperate for a bubba and two sounds like a dream for us. Perhaps my previous clinic didnt consider it as it was nhs funded. But then they didnt consider any extras. I cannot wait to start. From your signature i can see you started the immune protocol. Keep us updated as i hope that is my next protocol too! Are you having a long protocol thanks again xx
Yes I think the NHS are strict about the number whereas private seems open to 1 or 2 regardless of your personal circumstances or history of ivf/TTC. I feel the same about twins, they run in my family anyway (skip a generation on the maternal side) but know the first 4 years will be hell...! I’d rather that than a single if I could choose as know we would ideally like a sibling so would want to try again in a few years for another. I’d like to close the door on the ivf journey whenever possible so a double success would be such a joy. But I’d be grateful for just one (!)

Yes I’m on an immune this time and a long protocol. Period started today so down reg scan on 5th May. From there it’ll be 17-21 days until ET x

sam85

#11 Post by sam85 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:58 pm

Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 am
sam85 wrote:
Givingitatry wrote:

Yes I think the NHS are strict about the number whereas private seems open to 1 or 2 regardless of your personal circumstances or history of ivf/TTC. I feel the same about twins, they run in my family anyway (skip a generation on the maternal side) but know the first 4 years will be hell...! I’d rather that than a single if I could choose as know we would ideally like a sibling so would want to try again in a few years for another. I’d like to close the door on the ivf journey whenever possible so a double success would be such a joy. But I’d be grateful for just one (!)

Yes I’m on an immune this time and a long protocol. Period started today so down reg scan on 5th May. From there it’ll be 17-21 days until ET x
Hi Lovely,
I know what you mean re twins. My mom was a twin and in our family it also skipped a generation! Double blessing would be a joy as i cannot imagine going through this ever again. Glad you strted your downregulation. Are you going to be stimming or is it a fet. I did one downregulation fet before which was bfn so i was very down but i suppose if it is a fresh cycle its not much longer with downregulation. Were you allowed to chose between long or short protocol. From all medicine i felt buserelin the most. So although i want as many embryos as i can get.. downregulation is something im dreading and prefer short protocols. Xx

Givingitatry

#12 Post by Givingitatry » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:56 pm

sam85 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:58 pm
Givingitatry wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 am
sam85 wrote:

Hi Lovely,
I know what you mean re twins. My mom was a twin and in our family it also skipped a generation! Double blessing would be a joy as i cannot imagine going through this ever again. Glad you strted your downregulation. Are you going to be stimming or is it a fet. I did one downregulation fet before which was bfn so i was very down but i suppose if it is a fresh cycle its not much longer with downregulation. Were you allowed to chose between long or short protocol. From all medicine i felt buserelin the most. So although i want as many embryos as i can get.. downregulation is something im dreading and prefer short protocols. Xx
Ah it’s such a small world! I am on a FET (first ever as was a fresh last time) and to be honest they’re basically the same length of time for me. I’m on a long protocol, which is standard if you don’t have things like PCOS apparently. So it wasn’t an active choice, just the norm based on our test results. Down reg for me is about 2.5 weeks as period takes about 10 days to start and then it’s about 7-8 days after that for the scan. Then I can begin. My downreg scan is on Wednesday.

I like the idea of a short one but as I don’t know any different, I just get on with this one 😂 sounds like I’m missing out though vs a short one! I guess it’s in the name too isn’t it, short is always better! x