Miscarriage and hopelessness

Discussion group for people not currently undergoing treatment.

Moderator: Administrator

KayZ

Miscarriage and hopelessness

#1 Post by KayZ » Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:14 pm

Feeling really down after our 2nd round of IVf resulted in a pregnancy and miscarriage. We have one round left but right now I am just feeling completely hopeless about the situation.

My hubby is genuinely the best and most supportive but I feel like I've disappointed him and broken his heart and I am terrified of what the future holds for us.

There's not really a point to this just having a very bad day 😔

Longshot13

Re: Miscarriage and hopelessness

#2 Post by Longshot13 » Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:25 pm

Hi Kay

I know it’s a while since you posted but wanted to post a reply as when I have been down someone replies and it does help.

I am in a similar boat, second round of IVF, only one embryo good enough to transfer and it was OTD today; which was a BFN. We only have one round left and have only had one good embryo from each of the other two rounds - so far I know that’s probably not helped, but just know that you aren’t on your own. Yes everyone’s journey is different but we are all in similar boats and hopefully some encouragement will help get you through.

I was expecting a negative, so I’ve been browsing the chats to find some ideas of what to do next and I’ve made some notes to ask at my review. We are willing to give this last go everything we have, so more tests before and any advise from the consultant will be welcome. However, I do know what I want and will make sure I voice it.

With your husband, I think a lot of us feel we have let them down; for me, this is the main reason for any tears shed as I know he will be an amazing dad but for some silly reason he’s picked me and I can’t give him that as easily as someone else would.
We had a MMC last year, which was a huge hurdle as he became a bit of a closed book. He still sometimes is (not sure if that’s just a typical supporting husband thing), but he is supportive and I couldn’t have got this far without him.

Hope your review (if you’ve had it) has gone well and you have a plan for the next step. Wishing you lots of luck with your next cycle and keep strong and positive 💚💚
#1 Dec 20/ May 21: long journey but BFP 09.06.21 - MMC at 9 week scan
#2 Dec 21/ March 22: OTD 17.03.22🍀