October/November 21 scans … more waiting

For the in-betweenies, fingers crossed everybody!!

Moderator: Administrator

Prayingforamiracle89

Re: October/November 21 scans … more waiting

#51 Post by Prayingforamiracle89 » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:29 pm

Hi all

Sorry I’m terrible at replying on time! Fantastic news at some of your first scans! ❤️❤️

It’s such a nervous time! My scan is next Thursday 25/11 and I’m praying things are ok. I’ve been sick as a dog for the last two weeks and today I’m feeling a bit better ( was actually able to cook dinner and eat) which got me more paranoid thinking why are my symptoms not as intense today? Is everything ok?

I always thought I’d be so excited and happy being pregnant but I’m just so nervous! I feel truly blessed to get to this stage but the anxiety doesn’t go does it!

How are you all feeling? Anyone due their scan soon? Xx

NannyBea

#52 Post by NannyBea » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:58 pm

Em87 wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:11 pm
I can’t quite believe I’m saying this but we had our scan today and everything is progressing as it should. Burst into tears of happiness when we saw the heartbeat, the best feeling :P

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for their scans I hope you manage to stay nice and calm leading up to it (unlike me who was a nervous wreck haha)

Lots of love xx
Oh Em87 that's brilliant! I've been thinking about you and wondering how you got on!!! Fantastic news!!

ElliotCat

#53 Post by ElliotCat » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Mac84 wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:59 pm
I’ve been so hectic at home lately so not been on here!
How are you all doing?

Just seen your note about your scan nannybea! Congratulations I’m So happy for you !

Em
What date is yours?

Elliotcat how are you doing? How are you symptoms coming along ?
I'm ok thanks. Feel pretty sick most of the time which is really getting tedious! However, as the others have said, when I feel better I worry - augh! Congrats everyone who's had a positive scan :-). I do think you get to enjoy pregnancy more as time goes on, so hold on there everyone!

Pigletina

#54 Post by Pigletina » Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:23 pm

Hello, I am a bit nervous to join this thread as still not confident that it will end well for me, but decided I would take the plunge. I had a transfer on 14th October, and got a BFP but had much fainter test lines than it should have been, and they weren't getting darker properly either. We did a series of HCG beta blood tests and they were very low and not doubling within the correct timeframe. I read a few medical research papers that gave pregnancies with my HCG level a 4% chance of a live birth. So we were pretty convinced we would see an empty sac or an ectopic pregnancy when we had our scan, but by some miracle the baby was there, measuring correctly with a heartbeat. So Care have discharged me now. I am 8w2d right now and we have booked a private scan to see if its still ok this Wednesday. I've been bleeding and spotting for a few weeks now, with cramping which is freaking me out. I'm supposed to stop all meds at 10 weeks - it seemed like most ladies on here continued till 12 weeks so a bit stressed about that, especially given things haven't been 'normal' for us. I can't shake the worry that there must be a reason why my HCG was very low. We are going to do the NIPT as early as possible for that reason as it can be linked with genetic abnormality. I'm so tired of all this anxiety - if we make it to 12 weeks with a clear NIPT, I will have the most joyous happy Christmas! But I don't feel like its safe to expect to get that far yet. I'm so glad that everything seems like it is going well for you all on this thread :) I hope one day I can celebrate with you, but not yet! x
35 yo, TTC 2 yrs for #2. Low AMH (3.0)
IVF1 Dec 2020: 10 eggs, 5 embryos. BFN.
FET2: BFN.
FET3: BFN. Last 2 PGT-A tested, abnormal.
IVF2 Apr 2021: 14 eggs, zero fertilised.
ICSI3 Aug 2021: 3 eggs, 2 embryos.
FET4 Oct 2021: Double transfer, OTD 25/10

ElliotCat

#55 Post by ElliotCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 pm

Pigletina wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:23 pm
Hello, I am a bit nervous to join this thread as still not confident that it will end well for me, but decided I would take the plunge. I had a transfer on 14th October, and got a BFP but had much fainter test lines than it should have been, and they weren't getting darker properly either. We did a series of HCG beta blood tests and they were very low and not doubling within the correct timeframe. I read a few medical research papers that gave pregnancies with my HCG level a 4% chance of a live birth. So we were pretty convinced we would see an empty sac or an ectopic pregnancy when we had our scan, but by some miracle the baby was there, measuring correctly with a heartbeat. So Care have discharged me now. I am 8w2d right now and we have booked a private scan to see if its still ok this Wednesday. I've been bleeding and spotting for a few weeks now, with cramping which is freaking me out. I'm supposed to stop all meds at 10 weeks - it seemed like most ladies on here continued till 12 weeks so a bit stressed about that, especially given things haven't been 'normal' for us. I can't shake the worry that there must be a reason why my HCG was very low. We are going to do the NIPT as early as possible for that reason as it can be linked with genetic abnormality. I'm so tired of all this anxiety - if we make it to 12 weeks with a clear NIPT, I will have the most joyous happy Christmas! But I don't feel like its safe to expect to get that far yet. I'm so glad that everything seems like it is going well for you all on this thread :) I hope one day I can celebrate with you, but not yet! x
Hi Pigletina

I totally get what you mean - it's always 'if this works out' whenever we talk about it, and I'm lucky that we've not had the worries you've had so far. It's a good idea to get a scan just to check. It sounds very very stressful. Amazing that the little bean was there after all at your Care scan though! I really hope that tomorrow shows the same good news for you. I'm also getting the NIPT next week - with being over 40 it makes sense but I have no idea what I will do with any results of that anyway - just more to stress about!!

Pigletina

#56 Post by Pigletina » Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:14 pm

ElliotCat wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 pm
Pigletina wrote:
Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:23 pm
Hi Pigletina

I totally get what you mean - it's always 'if this works out' whenever we talk about it, and I'm lucky that we've not had the worries you've had so far. It's a good idea to get a scan just to check. It sounds very very stressful. Amazing that the little bean was there after all at your Care scan though! I really hope that tomorrow shows the same good news for you. I'm also getting the NIPT next week - with being over 40 it makes sense but I have no idea what I will do with any results of that anyway - just more to stress about!!
Its horribly stressful isn't it! Which NIPT are you doing - is it the harmony test? I think we might be doing the Panorama test (if we make it that far) but I think it is almost identical. Just out of curiosity, when were you told to stop your meds? Was it 10 weeks like me, or later? x

ElliotCat

#57 Post by ElliotCat » Tue Nov 23, 2021 7:19 pm

It's the IONA. I think they are all similar.

I've been told 12 weeks as it was a frozen transfer. But I wish it was sooner!

ElliotCat

#58 Post by ElliotCat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:03 am

Hi Pigletina

How did you get on? Sending love.

Pigletina

#59 Post by Pigletina » Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:49 am

The little shrimp was still there and still measuring correctly :) so now just waiting for two weeks until I will do the NIPT. I think its a bit of a wait for the results though. I think they will be in just before Christmas. So I am either going to have a wonderful Christmas or a really horrendous one depending on what the results say!

Ah I kind of wish I had been told 12 weeks to stop meds...ours was a FET too, it annoys me the discrepancies between different clinics' advice! I'll be really nervous to stop at 10 weeks, especially given that other clinics advise later :shock:

Good luck with your NIPT, do you know roughly when you will get the results? And can you/ do you want to find out the gender from that? I think our test can reveal gender but I don't think we want to know until the NHS 20 week scan if we get that far.

ElliotCat

#60 Post by ElliotCat » Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:31 pm

That's brilliant news! Obviously I have no medical knowledge or skills, but it sounds really promising that all is well at this stage :) I am getting the IONA test at Manchester Fertility (not where I had my treatment), and I think they said 3-5 working days for the results. I don't know about the gender but I think all of the tests can - I forgot to ask, but I'll find out if they offer that. Firstly I am just anxious to find out if it's still in there, then if it's ok! Maybe you could do 11 weeks as a compromise!? Although I think if they've said that it must be fine, and I wish mine had!

Em87

#61 Post by Em87 » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 am

Hey everyone glad to hear everyone is doing well.

Has anyone else had a warm/stretching sensation in their lower belly? I’m hoping it’s just my uterus expanding but it freaks me out as it feels similar to period type pains :shock:

Prayingforamiracle89 I’ve been thinking of you and hoping your scan on Thursday was good news too.

Sending lots of love xx

ElliotCat

#62 Post by ElliotCat » Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm

Em87 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:20 am

Has anyone else had a warm/stretching sensation in their lower belly? I’m hoping it’s just my uterus expanding but it freaks me out as it feels similar to period type pains :shock:

Prayingforamiracle89 I’ve been thinking of you and hoping your scan on Thursday was good news too.

Sending lots of love xx
I think that's a good thing - and I could feel it until last week too, which is why I'm really worried now. Wednesday can't come soon enough to see if it's still all ok in there.

Pigletina

#63 Post by Pigletina » Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:59 am

ElliotCat wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm
Em87 wrote:

Sending lots of love xx
I think that's a good thing - and I could feel it until last week too, which is why I'm really worried now. Wednesday can't come soon enough to see if it's still all ok in there.
ElliottCat how did Wednesday go? I really hope you saw the little bean and all is well. I have my scan and blood test this Wednesday, I am so nervous 😩

ElliotCat

#64 Post by ElliotCat » Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:54 am

Pigletina wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:59 am
ElliotCat wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:11 pm
Em87 wrote:

Sending lots of love xx
ElliottCat how did Wednesday go? I really hope you saw the little bean and all is well. I have my scan and blood test this Wednesday, I am so nervous 😩
Hi,

It was all fine! The baby was measuring 2 days ahead and kicking all around the place. Now just an anxious wait for the blood results.

Is anyone feeling really grumpy? It was my son's 3rd birthday yesterday and although whilst I was with him I felt happy, preparing for him to come home from nursery and doing the presents and everything I just felt really grumpy, and today my parents have visited and I just am bristling! Hoping it's hormones and not just that I'm an awful person!