Second time around

Life after IVF? What other options are available?

Moderator: Administrator

nicster

How did today go Elizabeth, I hope little miss hasn't been walking round in your jimmy choos ! She sounds just adorable and seems to have great taste. How old is she by the way ?

Nicster x
2002 ds previous relationship
2008 icsi BFP DS
Aug 2010 BFN
feb 2011 BFN
April 2011 BFNî
AuntyMand

Elizabeth, I think I'm a little bit in love with her too!!!!

Not sure how anonymous you like to keep things, but would love to see some photos if we can't get a snuggle with the little miss herself next month.

Ooh, I can just imagine how excited you must be.

Amanda xxx

Image[/URL]
Maple

Elizabeth ... sounds like you have already bonded with your DD in such a short time. Sounds very tiring physically and emotionally ... but it won't be long before you will have your DD home 24/7 where she belongs. Hope the rest of the week will go just as well.

Love,
Maple
xxx
Sue123

Elizabeth,

Loving reading this thread, you are soooo knowledgable!!

The introductions is something I am worried about. What do you do if you don't get on with the FCs??? it would be so hard. How are you finding them? amicable or a bit tricky?
Endo 1st IVF/ICSI cycle Nov 09- BFN 2nd IVF/ICSI cycle March 10- Cancelled due to poor response. 3rd IVF/ICSI cycle Aug 11 DE-BFP!! M/C Sept 11 4th FET (1) Feb 12 -biochemical pregnancy. April '12 Starting Adoption process.
wobally

Woohoo!! Brilliant news, my lovely. Hope it's all going swimmingly. Looking forward to seeing you all when she's settled in properly xxx
possum1

Been thinking about you Elizabeth. I hope you had a great week getting to know your girlie and that she's now home with you where she belongs.
xx Possum
IVF Care Sheffield Apr 2007, biochem
FET Aug 2007, biochem
IVF Jan 2010, BFN
Natural FET Mar 2010, BFN
Natural FET Apr 2010, Jack born 18Dec'10
Elizabeth hope

Well, seeing as I am awake having had both D and Tink up in the last couple of hours I may as well use my time wisely and update this thread...

On Wednesday we bought forward our 'bringing her home for the day' day. We had put her to bed on Tuesday night and I then drove early to get there for when she woke up. It was magical actually being the first face she saw...not even Daddy to share it with. I got her up, gave her breakfast and then bathed my daughter for the 1st time. CUTE CUTE CUTE. The love I felt was so maternal. Then I dressed her and brought her home to see Daddy (who was wating at the door and had been pacing).

We played and she tumbled around her new abode; she is still finding her sea legs. At just after 12 we suddenly decided to get D out of school. The school had told us to do as we wanted this week (They are an amazing school). So we called them, told them we were trotting up there and off we went. D's teacher came out and said to Tink..'I had better go and get you a big brother' which almost bougt me to tears. Then she went and brought D out to us. He saw us through a glass partition and I pointed to his baby sister and his face lit up enough to melt us all. He walked through the door into reception and he just staired in awe at her. I said 'You can kiss her' and so he walked up, pulled her dummy out quite unceremoniously and planted the most delicate little kiss on her lips and then plonked her dummy back in!! We all cried (Though between us we all just about hid it from D). People talk about feeling elated...well whatever I felt at that moment was like something sent from heaven.

We all had a fab afternoon but then we had to take Tink home....it was horrible for D and he became hyper and frankly a pain in the jacksy but we understood why. Thursday morning, we kept him off school so he could see his sister come home again. Tinks Foster carer bought her over and we had a meeting to review thing and it was then confirmed move in day was Friday.

Thursday was a nice day but D really was now in crazy mode. Remember this is a child who doesn't cope with loss and change and we gave him a sister and took her back so it was important for us to keep him grounded. Thursday night we had dinner at the Foster Carers and then DH and I went out to the theatre to see a show that we had been given tickets for, it was a tribute act that niether looked or sounded like the band so it was hilarious.

Friday morning, we took D to school as they had a special day and we drove to pick up our daughter. It was much less emoptional than when we brought D home but I think it was because she just feels like the missing bit and she completes our family. Not because of her being a girl and of course that is a gift when you have two boys but because of the energy she has brought with her.

We had a great day yesterday, although busy but Tink was great and D when no one else is around is super chilled out by her. Interested unless hes watching Jake and the Pirates. Big boy came round last night and so I have a picture now of DH and his 3 Children. J is holding his baby sister, DH is in the back looking confused and the glorious D is looning in the front. I said to Dh...'Spot the crazy kid' yep D!! Hes a legend actually, all that anxious energy bursting out of him in a desperate attempt to make sure he doesn't get missed. Those that remember when he came home will remember I got depressed and found it very hard to bond. Well, we got there in the end and he will always be my little D.

When his sister was screaming last night and D was set up for a sleep over in our room too...He was shouting 'Mummy...make it stop'!! So I lay on the bed and did the Mummy Sshhhhh sound over and over to help soothe her. Just as she was dropping off....D popped his head up from the little bed I had made him up and whispers (at the top of his voice IYKWIM) 'Mummy it's working'....arrrghh...yes you guessed it....mwahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...off she goes again!!! So very quickly he was persuaded to go into his own room. Two hours ago, she woke up, then D woke uo so DH went in with D. I had Tink in with me for a cuddle. She is now back in her cot and even as I type every now and again I can hear her but then she drops off and she is sort of asleep crying. I'm giving them all till 6 and then I am getting them up and starting the day and both can have a mid morning nap!! Mummy will be moving slowly today....zzzzz

Thanks for all your good wishes, you are all amazing women.

Elizabeth
xxx
bellsie

Elizabeth
What a beautiful and inspiring story.
I am on my 3rd cycle of IVF after two failed ones. I have often thought about adoption but its never got any further than that really. I think it is something that I would like to explore. Ive never had the courage.

Best wishes for you for Monday! :-)
Helen.
xx
ImageImage
possum1

Just beautiful Elizabeth, your post brought tears to my eyes. It all sounds absolutely perfect. What a very lucky little girl she is to be brought up with such loving, wonderful parents.
Love, Possum xx
FET Aug 2007, biochem
IVF Jan 2010, BFN
Noggin

More tears here!
So happy for your whole family :)

Love noggin x x
wendymw

Just lovely Elizabeth it sounds like your DD has completed your lovely family. Glad that D is taking to her even if he is a bit manic - sure he'll settle when he's used to her being around and knows she's not going anywhere again.

Wendy x
rlt

Yep, tears in my eyes too. Aren't children amazing. I hope she settles in soon. Take care all of you
RLT x
ImageImage
Maple

Elizabeth - lovely update ... truly beautiful and heart-melting.

I am brimming with tears of joy for you. I am so thrilled for you and your family.

Love,
Maple
xxx
Tare

A very lucky girl to have found such a wonderful forever family x
amandas

what a lovely post. Glad to hear it has all gone well and look forward to hearing more about your family. How old is tink ? ive prob missed this somewhere ?
nicknacknoo

Elizabeth - More tears here. I feel so moved by your post. Hope you enjoy your first weekend together as a family x

Nicky x
AuntyMand

Lovely, just lovely x

Image[/URL]
taz929

Oh Elizabeth, such lovely, lovely news and such a beautiful post too. I am so thrilled for you, it sounds like little Miss was always destined for your family and you are all now complete.....makes my hearty burst :) xx

Enjoy!! :)

Thank you for you kind words to me on the LL thread, not had very much time recently but will try posting again soon.

Once again I'm sooooooo happy for you all :) xxx

Lots of love Taz xxxx
Elizabeth hope

Arrhhh thanks ladies, its lovely to share it with you and I know they were happy tears for me which are nice tears aren't they?!

Amanda Tink is 14months and the easiest child....she is the other end of the spectrum from D was. If I'm honest I was due an easy one. :D

I'm ill now though, like the flu but I've had the jab so a bit confusing but I ache all over. I am not so bad I can't meet her needs and do the bonding but I have little energy for much else. Hoping a short bug and the kiddiewinks don't get it from me.

Going to try to catch up on the news on AA and LL before tink wakes up.

Elizabeth
xxx
Noggin

Elizabeth hope you get better soon and hurrah for an easy child!

Love Noggin xx
Reds(1703)

Elizabeth,

What wonderful news that Tinkis now home and settling in. LOL at the bracelet story :wink:

Wishing you all the very best and lots of fun as a family of FOUR :D :D :D :D

A&P reading your post with me and are very happy for you :mrgreen:

lol
Reds, Amber & Phoebe
xxx
Elizabeth hope

Oooh Reds....that just choked me to think that little A and P are pleased for me....I remember the early days for me posting on BB&B and being quite in awe of your little cherubs..they are sooo beautiful and look perfectly cheeky. Please tell them thank you from me.

Sat and read LL thread last night and it took me ALL night and then I didn't get chance to post on there or on AA but I will try and do something tomorrow night. Ive been sooo achey and now poor little Tink has got it. All hot and shivery. Shes been asleep on my chest all afternoon. Luckily D was at his Godmothers being spoilt preparing pumpkins for tomorrow.
Hope D manages to keep the bugs at bay until hes been trick or treating with his Godfather.

oooh kids and their germs hey!!

Elizabeth
xxx
wendymw

Ah but Elizabeth, I sometimes secretly like it when Theo's not feeling well - it's the only time I get proper snuggles - and sounds like you've had lots of those this afternoon with Tinks.

Big hugs to you all, hope you're better soon.

Wendy xx
p.s. Reds, bless A&P for reading as well.
possum1

Sorry to hear little Tinks isn't feeling well. I hope she recovers quickly. Enjoy all those cuddles though. xx
FET Aug 2007, biochem
IVF Jan 2010, BFN
Maple

Elizabeth - thanks for your lovely post on 'my' thread.

Hope you and Tinks get better soon. Tinks sounds such a joy to have ... when you said that she is easier than D ... maybe it's because you are a more relaxed and experienced mummy now?

But I supect that Tinks may have had a less traumatic earlier years and the foster parents have done a good job.

I am so pleased that things have worked out so well for you and your DH.

Love,
Maple
xxx