Advice with Surrogacy please

Life after IVF? What other options are available?

Moderator: Administrator

Daisy7

Advice with Surrogacy please

Hi,

I have been away from these boards for what seems like ages, after the birth of our darling daughter in 2008. We have been thinking about trying again for a much wanted sibling, however due to a chronic lung condition I have, Care's ethics committee have turned us down for a second IUI :( Our consultant did however raise the possibility of surrogacy.

I really do not know where to start and am also wondering if we would struggle to find someone willing to help us, given we have already been blessed once :?:

Any advice or pointers/websites would be very much appreciated.

I hope everyone isn't having any probs with this snow x
DH & I TTC 3 years.
1st IUI Jan 2008 - BFP Daisy Grace arrived safely
Maple

Hi Daisy7,

There are two non-profit making agencies in the UK which help intended parents to meet potential surrogates. Their websites are full of useful information about surrogacy, and they both have bulletin boards where you can post with any questions you might have about surrogacy -

http://www.surrogacyuk.org/

http://www.surrogacy.org.uk/

The two agencies operate in different ways - Surrogacy UK is about making friends before leading onto a surrogacy 'partnership' (because surrogacy in the UK is altruistic with only nominal amount of expenses being allowed to be paid to surrogates). They have frequent organised informal functions for intended parents and surrogates to meet.

Whereas COTS tend to allow 'match making' on paper i.e. surrogates chose their potential intended parents from their profiles and then arrange for a meet-up before being 'matched'.

There are smaller bulletin boards set-up by private individuals which allow surrogates and intended parents to chat to each other and find their match that way.

In theory, most surrogates won't discriminate you for having got a child already ... but there might be a few who prefer to help those intended parents without any children (which is understandable). I think at the end of day it really depends on whether the surrogate likes you and your DH enough to want to 'work' with you and your DH.

Because surrogacy in the UK is altruistic ... it is illegal for intended parents to advertise for surrogates and vice versa.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and I will try my best to answer them.

All the best,
Maple
xxx
Daisy7

Hi Maple,

thank you ever so much for responding. Thank you for the website pointers too. I will certainly take a look at them. You never know I might even gain the courage to register !!

Take care

Daisy7
DH & I TTC 3 years.
1st IUI Jan 2008 - BFP Daisy Grace arrived safely
genette

Hi

Im a surrogate and ive had 3 surrogate babies and all of whom had a previous child

If you would like any advice you can message me genette1@virginmedia.com

x
Genette Host Surroagate
Gave birth to a surrogate baby on Nov 26th
Gave birth to a gorgeous host surrogate little girl born 22/10/09 weighing 10lb
Gave birth to a surrogate baby boy may 2012 weighing 10lb 40z
kimjane

HI im a surrogate im 31 weeks pregnant with twins if you want any advice me email is parkerls20@btinternet.com im with SUK xxx
Hand made hair clips at Korker Clips on facebook
katiebyrne

Hi
I'm also looking into becoming a surrogate so we could share information on the topic? My email address is kate.byrne@hotmail.co.uk

Kate xx
ImageImage