Just starting our adoption journey

Life after IVF? What other options are available?

Moderator: Administrator

Ladybird

Hi Lottie,

We had news today! We've been linked to a little boy, he's beautiful! We're all really excited so hope everything goes well. DD said he's the one she's been dreaming about!

How different it will be for all of us next Christmas! Really hope you hear something very soon.

Love, Ladybird x
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.
LottieH

Hi Ladybird,
How wonderful. Congratulations! You must be so excited.

Take care,
Lx
LottieH

Hi Ladybird,
What age is the little boy and do you have any panel dates yet?

We saw our SW yesterday and she said because we live within a small LA then our wait will be much longer than originally anticipated :-( At least we know now so can get on with life.

Take care, Lx
Ladybird

Hi Lottie,

Sorry for not posting. We're still waiting, matching panel is beginning of May, sw's holidays & workloads have delayed things! Little boy is 2, we've heard lots about him & have seen a lot of photos.

How's things going for you?

Ladybird xx
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.
Sillymummy2015

Hi Ladybird,
This is LottieH, forgotten my password so many times I've just decided to create a new account!

I can't believe that you are still waiting for matching panel but I suppose that must depend where your little one is in relation to you.
We got the call a couple of weeks ago about a little boy, had a frantic 48hrs cleaning and decluttering before his SW arrived andnit went really well. We're at panel in mid April and off to his life appreciation day this morning.
Just off to get DD ready for nursery!
Take care, LottieH
2 BFN cycles in 2009
1 BFP with DE's 2011
Adoptive parent 2015
Ladybird

Hi Lottie,

Yay that's great news, hope everything goes smoothly.

Our little one is with the same LA as us! Just holidays & workload that's slowed things down, but May is nearly here, we're keeping busy with DD & getting some garden jobs done.

Keep in touch, can't wait to hear how it all goes xx
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.
Sillymummy2015

Hi Ladybird,
Another panel is done and dusted, we got a huge Yes :D
They really liked our family book and talking album - thank heavens for instant printing as I only did some of them on Sunday, DH helped a bit with the words but we had bought a lovely scrapbook album and matching fancy paper at The Range so I didn't have to make too juch effort as I'm not crafty at all. DD did a picture to go in it with all her favourite stickers for him, at least your DD can be more help than mine is ;-)
Now we have to wait 3 weeks for the agency decision maker to officially sign it off before we can meet him but already have the dates for that!
Now to get all those extra jobs done I've been putting off and as DD has just started her 15 hours at nursery I've got no excuse.
Take care,
Lx
2 BFN cycles in 2009
1 BFP with DE's 2011
Adoptive parent 2015
Ladybird

Hi Lottie
Hope everything is going well, am sure you've met your LO now.
We meet our LO next week, so frantically trying to finish lots of jobs! Hope you got all yours finished.
It sounds like great timing for you with DD starting her 15 hours you'll have time to spend with little boy. I think after all the frustrations it generally works out your the best, timing wise. My Dh finishes his course in August so great timing with placement & adoption leave, I"m very excited to be off work, although feel a bit lost at the minute!

Love, Ladybird.
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.
Sillymummy2015

Hi Ladybird,
The little man is sat on my lap now pulling my hair etc :-) It's the 5am starts that are getting to me and DD as DH sleeps right through it. Introduction week was more emotionally tiring than physically but as he's only 8months old he still has a 2hr nap in the afternoon so his FC sent us out to have lunch which helped. So my advice would be to sleep ! ;-)
All the best,
Lx
2 BFN cycles in 2009
1 BFP with DE's 2011
Adoptive parent 2015
Ladybird

Hiya, we've made it & he is here! Supposedly asleep but I can hear him talking in his bedroom!

Congratulations on your little man, I'm sure your really busy now with them both.

Your right intros are emotionally tiring, we had an hour drive each way & some days we did 4 trips. The foster family were lovely though & really helpful. DS still has an afternoon nap too which is great.

Take care x
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.
Sillymummy2015

YAY :D :D :D Ladybird so pleased for you all,
I hope it all is going smoothly for you. We have our first review on Monday in our house so I'm supposed to be clearing the bits that have built up over the last few weeks.
Take care and enjoy :-)
All the best,
Lx
2 BFN cycles in 2009
1 BFP with DE's 2011
Adoptive parent 2015
Ivf2013

Hello ladies,

Just to say wow both now matched!

Our little man has recently become ours forever! It's the best feeling ever knowing that he is here to stay forever. The thing that was sad is the email we received to tell us and that with the new rules the court date isn't the end it's also considering the further 21 days. We were so happy but held back a bit due to the fact the next 21 days could change our situation!

Our little man is an absolute delight. He is now learning to talk and loves everything in life!
Care Notts. 1 funded ivf, no frosties, Bfp To bfn.
L.O arrived via adoption! Amazing, amazing!
Adoption number 2 began- decided to stop.
one&only shock bfp, ectopic scare, Laparoscopy and D&C at 6 weeks. Natural preg, baby born 2017!
Toffeepop

Hiya Ivf2013 my old cycle buddy!

Ive just seen your post and im thrilled to see your a mummy now!! xx
7 cycles of OE/DE and DD . . . . . so far, only no luck or bad luck (4 lost :( ) I just cant make them blumin stick past 6.5 wks :roll:
Ivf2013

Hi Toffeepop,

I've just seen you are on full immunes now. Lots has happened for you since we cycled together- 2 years ago.

How are you?
X
one&only shock bfp, ectopic scare, Laparoscopy and D&C at 6 weeks. Natural preg, baby born 2017!
Toffeepop

Hiya

Im good thanks :D Just planning our 5th go :shock: Yes, im on full immunes now after deciding to do the level 1's & 2's, I've also moved onto DE now to up our odds given im getting no younger but we've had no luck yet - no luck that lasted anyway but im not ready for giving up quite yet! I have looked into adoption and maybe if this next attempt doesn't work we will prob look into it further.

How long have you had you little boy now then and how old is he? Im so thrilled for you xx
7 cycles of OE/DE and DD . . . . . so far, only no luck or bad luck (4 lost :( ) I just cant make them blumin stick past 6.5 wks :roll:
Ivf2013

He's been with us since near the end of last year and he's 1 1/2 now!

I really hope number 5 is your lucky number.

Adoption has been a fantastic experience for us. The outcome absolutely the best decision we've ever made and we would like our family to grow one day so who knows we may well be doing it all again!!

Good luck x
Toffeepop

Thanks IVF xx

Its lovely to see a happy ending xx Take care hun xx
Jasper1

Hey gatecrashing to say hi to some old friends!!! Xxx
Ivf one march 2013 BFN
Ivf two July 2013 BFN
Ivf three Sept 2014 all destroyed
Ivf four Oct 2015 BFP...CP
Ivf five April 2016 BFN
Ivf six Aug 2016 off to Czech! BFN
Ivf seven Dec 2016 BFP!!! Miracles happen!
Ivf eight and nine BFN
Ivf2013

Hi Jasper,

How are you?

Thanks Toffeepop
Sillymummy2015

Hi Ladybird,
How have the last few months gone?
Our DS has settled in well and has completed our little family but now we need a new house to fit all the toys in! :lol:
Hope you are well and back in a routine and looking forward to the festive season.
Take care, Lx
2 BFN cycles in 2009
1 BFP with DE's 2011
Adoptive parent 2015
Ladybird

Hi Lottie,

It's been busy! I'd forgotten what toddlers were like but we're doing really well now.
How has your DD got on with DS. Ours loves him so much & she keeps saying 'look at my brother'.
Can't believe we're in October, there'll be lots more toys arriving soon with Xmas!

Ladybird 😀
Both 35
1 miracle child age 6.